- Championing Social Transformation
- Strive towards a transformed society through programmes which:
- Foster constitutional values
- Promote equal opportunities, inclusion and redress
- Promote social cohesion
- Promote active citizenry
- Foster social compacts
- Instilling an awareness of the role of sport, arts, culture, science and technology in economic development and nation-building.
- Promoting sport and recreation and the provision of facilities.
- Promoting a culture of reading and learning through the utilization of reading and information resources.
- We subscribe to the Batho Pele principles
- Promoting and awareness of our heritage and museums.
- Promoting and awareness of and appreciation for arts and culture activities.
The promotion, development and transformation of sport, arts, culture and recreation in order to contribute to:
- sustainable economic growth and opportunities;
- nation building;
- good governance; and
- social and human capital development.
Annual Performance Plan