The development, transformation and promotion of sustainable library, information and archive services which will contribute to:
- sustainable economic growth and opportunities
- nation building
- good governance and
- social and human capital development.
To render and manage library, information and archive services:
- the provision library and information services to communities
- the provision of technical and professional support services to community libraries
- the promotion of a culture of reading and lifelong learning
- the rendering of records management services to governmental bodies
- the management of archival records at archive repositories
- Provision of library and information services which are free, equitable and accessible, rendered according to the different information, reading and learning needs of people and which promote a culture of reading, library use and lifelong learning
- To render archival and record management services which will provide for:
- The acquisition, preservation and documentation of public records and non-public records of national/provincial significance
- Proper management and care of public records
- Equitable access and use of archives
ABOUT THE DIRECTORATE
- The Library Services Component consists of the Professional Support Services and Community Library Services Units.
- The Archive Services Component consists of the Records Management and Archives Management Units.
Me Jacomien Schimper
Director: Library and Archive Services
Tel: 051 – 4072800